Lunch and Learn Webinars
Grab your lunch and join Ipsun for these informative half-hour overviews of solar benefits, technology and more!
Have you been wondering exactly how solar works? Or how going solar can save you money? Join us for our latest lunch and learn webinar series and find out! Our solar experts will walk you through the ins and outs of solar, battery storage, solar financing, state and federal incentives and more. They'll field your questions after a half-hour presentation - Wednesdays from 12-12:45pm. Register below to join in!
Sign up now for our Winter Webinar series!
Solar energy and Power Purchase Agreements for tax-exempt organizations and businesses
Wednesday, January 13th, 12:00 - 12:45pm
Solar lowers utility bills, whether you own the equipment or not. But when you go solar with a third-party solar ownership agreement (PPA), it brings the possibility of lower energy bills and reduced carbon footprint for businesses and tax-exempt organizations, without the cost of equipment and maintenance. In these difficult times, every business and organization can use that monthly savings.
- Presented by Ipsun Commercial Development Manager Tony Stephen and Solar Consultant John Mein
- Learn how a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) works, what types of businesses and orgs can benefit, what the requirements are to qualify for a PPA, and what the potential savings can be.
Power Purchase Agreement webinar
Check out the recordings of our previous webinars
Lots of great information in these webinars, from general overview to technical nitty-gritty. If watching them generates more questions, please feel free to reach out- we love talking solar with you!
Making Solar Work for You: Tax credits, solar incentives and SREC Trade
As we ring in the new year we're also celebrating the extension of the 26% federal tax credit rate. Learn more about this solar incentive and the various state and local incentives available in the DMV. Learn about SRECs, or solar renewable energy credits, which can be earned for every 10kWh your solar produces in MD or DC. In VA, the SREC market is coming - check out the recording to find out the latest!
- Presented by Ipsun VP Joe Marhamati
How Ipsun customer David Roodman fought for his solar rights - and won!
Wednesday, December 16th 12:00 - 12:45pm
Join Ipsun customer David Roodman as he explains how he advocated for expanded solar size limits in DC, and won! When Roodman decided to update his roof's solar, he wanted to be able to produce more than 100% of his previous annual electricity usage. But DC's policy stopped at 100%. Roodman will talk about his experience working with the city to get the law expanded to 120% for 2020 and increased to 200% over the next four years. Presented by David Roodman and Ipsun VP Joe Marhamati.
Solar Financing with Clean Energy Credit Union:
Wednesday, December 2nd, 12:00 - 12:45pm.
Clean Energy Credit Union is a revolutionary new institution that offers customized loans specifically tailored to clean energy products and services. They’re dedicated to helping people fund their green projects, lower their utility bills and live more sustainably. Our unique partnership with Clean Energy Credit Union allows us to offer some of the lowest rates in the DMV area. Presented by Ipsun Solar Support Specialist Jane Nester and Sales Director Patrick Cavanaugh.
New VA Solar Policies and Incentives: Wednesday, June 3, 12:00 - 12:45pm.
Presented by Ipsun Solar Consultant Elizabeth Campbell and Sierra Club Virginia Renewable Energy Vice Chair Susan Stillman.
Learn about the new policies enacted by Virginia's General Assembly this year, and the specific changes for solar resulting from the passage of the VA Clean Economy Act and Solar Freedom. We'll also cover the new incentives for solar customers that are a result of these policies. It was a wild ride for solar at the GA this year; Susan and Elizabeth break it down for you and let you know how all the changes affect you, our state and our planet.
Technical Solar 101: Wednesday, May 27, 12:00 - 12:45pm.
- Presented by Ipsun CEO Herve Billiet
- Learn how solar panels are attached to a roof, what they are made from, what kind of electrical work is required to install solar and battery storage, what the different types of inverters are, and much more in this half-hour presentation, followed by a q-and-a.
Solar with Battery Storage: Wednesday, May 20, 12:00 - 12:45pm
- Presented by Ipsun Sales Director Patrick Cavanaugh, CEO and co-founder Herve Billiet, and Residential Project Manager Everett Thomas.
- Patrick, Herve and Everett explain exactly how a solar-plus-storage setup for your home works, how battery storage can function alongside the utility company and grid power, and talk through the ways that Tesla Powerwall storage can give you control over your energy use and save you money.
Solar 101: Wednesday, May 13, 12:00 - 12:45pm
- Presented by Ipsun Sales Director Patrick Cavanaugh and special guest Chris May, Key Account Manager at REC Americas LLC.
- Patrick and Chris will walk you through the basics of how solar panels convert energy from the sun into power for your home or business, how a solar electric system interfaces with the utility company, how solar panels are made, and how going solar can benefit your wallet and your peace of mind