Benefits of having a Solar Energy System for your Business
There are many benefits of having a solar energy system for your company. They break down largely into cash flow, meeting your environmental goals, and creating new opportunities for sustainability-oriented marketing and public image efforts.
FINANCIAL BENEFITS OF A SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM
- Generating your own electricity will reduce your utility cost
- 30% Federal tax credit for the entire solar energy project will reduce your tax liability to the U.S. government
- Marketing benefits of showing your customers not only that you care about sustainability, but that you also search for the cheapest ways to pay for power and thus lower your overhead and provide added value to your customers
- Some jurisdictions have something called SRECS (Solar Renewable Energy Credits). Other people call it Green Certificates or bragging rights for the clean power. Depending on where your solar energy is located, these SRECS can be worth 3 times more than your electricity price.
OVERVIEW OF DIFFERENT FINANCIAL MODELS TO PAY FOR YOUR SOLAR PANELS
- Own a solar system
- Lease a solar system
- PPA – Power Purchase Agreement
- CPACE program to go solar
DIFFERENT JURISDICTIONS HAVE DIFFERENT RULES AND INCENTIVES TO GO SOLAR. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- Washington D.C
- Solar Renewable Energy Credits market and net energy metering
- Solar rebate, net energy metering and Solar Renewable Energy Credits market
Like businesses, non profits can be great candidates for going solar, and for many of the same reasons - long term investment sense,
Whether you're at the executive level, in a manager role, or just interested in moving your workplace toward using economic, smart solar energy, you already have a busy schedule. We want to offer all the help you need getting started with a solar project for business. Contact us now or begin by reviewing the resources below.
News from Other Amicus Members
Blog Posts to Read
|The Latest about the IRS solar tax credits||Read about Amicus Cooperative||Blogs about commercial solar|
|Can I use the solar tax credit this year or next year?||Read about Amicus news||Testimonials|
|How does the solar tax credit for solar panels work?|